Personal Information We Collect
Personal information you provide to us through the Service or otherwise may include:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title and company name.
- Profile data, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us and any content uploaded to the Service (such as text, images, audio, and video, along with the metadata associated with the files you upload).
- Registration data, such as information that may be related to a service, an account or an event you register for.
- Communications, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online.
- Financial and business data, such as your stated income, economic standing, financial account numbers, financial holdings information, capital account statements, fund-related data and documentation, and any content uploaded to the Service related thereto.
- Government-issued identification numbers, such as a national identification number (e.g., Social Security Number, tax identification number, passport number), state or local identification number (e.g., driver’s license of state ID number), and an image of the relevant identification card.
- Transaction data, such as information about payments from you and other details of products or services you have utilized from us.
- Usage data, such as information about how you use the Service and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload to the websites or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Service.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Cookies and Other Information Collected by Automated Means
We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity occurring on or through the Service, including but not limited, your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device identifier (such as the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising), browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our website, general location information such as city, state or geographic area; information about your use of and actions on the Service, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access; and other personal information. Our service providers and business partners may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites and mobile applications.
On our webpages, this information may be collected using cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “LSOs”), Flash-based LSOs (also known as “Flash cookies”), web beacons, and similar technologies, and our emails may also contain web beacons.
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Browser web storage, or LSOs, are used for similar purposes as cookies. Browser web storage enables the storage of a larger amount of data than cookies. A “web beacon,” also known as a pixel tag or clear GIF, is typically used to demonstrate that a webpage was accessed or that certain content was viewed, typically to measure the success of our marketing campaigns or engagement with our emails and to compile statistics about usage of our websites.
We may also use Flash LSOs on our website to collect and store information about your use of our website. Unlike cookies, Flash LSOs cannot be removed or rejected via your browser settings. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer or mobile device, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions. Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of Flash applications that we may use in connection with our website.
Web browsers may offer users of our websites or mobile apps the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our websites may not function correctly.
How We Use Your Personal Information
To operate the Service. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service;
- provide information about our products and services;
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service;
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications;
- provide support and maintenance for the Service; and
- to respond to your requests, questions and feedback;
For research and development. We analyze use of the Service to analyze and improve the Service and to develop new products and services, including by studying user demographics and use of the Service.
To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may send you Liquidly-related marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the “Opt out of marketing” section below.
To comply with law. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data. We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
How We Share your Personal Information
Users. We will share your personal information with other users solely for the purpose of providing the Services or to comply with applicable law.
Other Users of the Service and the Public. We may provide functionality that enables you to disclose personal information to other users of the Service or the public. For instance, you may be able to maintain a user profile with information about yourself that you can make available to other users or the public. We do not control how other users or third parties use any personal information that you make available to such users or the public.
Professional Advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
For Compliance, Fraud Prevention and Safety. We may share your personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
Business Transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
Access or Update Your Information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain personal information in your account profile by logging into the account.
Opt Out of Marketing Communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the communication. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Choosing Not to Share Your Personal Information. Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information in order to provide the Service to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with our services. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Service by designating it as required at the time of collection or through other appropriate means.
Our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites, mobile applications and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services you use.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ a number of organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfers
We are headquartered in the United States and have service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, or country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not directed at, and we do not knowingly acquire or receive personal information from, children under the age of 18. If we learn that any user of the Service is under the age of 18, we will take appropriate steps to delete that individual’s personal information and restrict that individual from future access to the Service.
How to Contact Us
Please direct any questions or comments about this Policy or privacy practices to email@example.com. You may also write to us via postal mail at:
Attn: Legal Officer
225 W 34th Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10122